Monday, October 6, 2014

First roam

So we took out a 4 ship cruiser roam.  I have never been on a roam and they asked me to lead it....  The group explained scouting to me, and I jumped into a system.  There was an Ishtar on D scan in there, so I flew to a belt and started ratting as bait.   No luck so we jumped a few more. 

Another pilot popped up.  I warped to station to see if he was docked. And he popped on Scan as I warped.  He jumped through to my waiting corpmates, and... it was an Ishtar.  Two of them engaged but no webs.  So it burned back to gate and jumped through, along with one of ours.  I warp back to gate, but land on grid as Ishtar leaves.  But he left 5 Garde so i scoop them and the other 2 corpmates jump in. 

Then the Ishtar warps back, along with a VNI.  We are out gunned at this point but worse that happens is we loose some Vexors.  It then goes from bad to worse, we are all disorganized.  I am the only Vexor with a MWD so only applicable keep up with the two targets to web/scram.  The others are shooting drones, to keep the damage down. A third enemy drops on grid with an Ishtar. I close, but it becomes clear we are way out of our league.  I call for retreat, but I have closed and am pointed.  The rest of the team gets to safe spot, and I get exploded, and dock.  At which point 5 more hostiles hit system.

I got a chance to talk to the team and ask what I could have done better, and talk about what we could do better.  We should have had a 2k+ km tackle.  We should have hit the VNI. We could have run some better fits. Other than that we were just out gunned.  Loss, 1 insured Vexor, or about 3M, for some fun, and a  good learning experience worth every penny.

Looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment